Top Ten Films You Should See
Ben Trantor's Top Ten:
- Back to the Future (1985) Sci-Fi comedy film Back to the Future tells the story of a 1980s teenager
(Michael. J. Fox) who is sent back in time to the 1950s. Sci-Fi/Comedy.
- A knight’s Tale (2001) After his master dies, a peasant squire (Heath Ledger), fueled by his desire for food and glory, creates a new identity for himself as a knight. Rom-Com/Action/Adventure.
- The Science of Sleep (2006) A man entranced by his dreams and imagination is love-struck with a French woman and feels he can show her his world. Rom-Com/Fantasy.
- The Truman Show (1998) Jim Carrey plays an Insurance Salesman who realises there might be something more to his life than meets the eye. Comedy/ Sci-Fi.
- Once (2006) A modern-day musical about a busker and an immigrant and their eventful week in Dublin, as they write, rehearse and record songs that tell their love story. Rom-Com.
- The Bourne Supremacy (2004) When Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) is framed for a botched CIA operation he is forced to take up his former life as a trained assassin to survive. Action/Adventure/Thriller.
- Cast Away (2000) A FedEx (Tom Hanks) executive must transform himself physically and emotionally to survive a crash landing on a deserted island. Adventure/Drama.
- The Karate Kid (1984) A handyman/martial arts master agrees to teach a bullied boy (Ralph Macchio) karate and shows him that there is more to the martial art than fighting. Action/Comedy.
- RRRrrrr!!! (2004) In 35,000 BC, the tribe of the Dirty Hairs is in war against the tribe of the Clean Hairs for eight hundred years. Comedy.
- Withnail and I (1987) London 1969 - two 'resting' (unemployed and unemployable) actors, Withnail and Marwood, fed up with damp, cold, piles of washing-up, mad drug dealers and psychotic Irishmen, decide to leave their squalid Camden flat for an idyllic holiday in the countryside, courtesy of Withnail's uncle Monty's country cottage. Comedy.
Aisha's Top Ten Films
Ruben's Top Ten Films